Dear JP,

You wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently read one of your articles regarding why you no
> longer endorse
> the PRC. I am currently a member of one of the PRC
> congregations. Before
> becoming a member in this denomination I was a member in the OPC.
> We left
> that denomination because they endorsed "remarriage", and went to
> join the
> PRC, but not before getting a divorce because we were remarried
> from a second
> marriage while our original spouses were and are, still living.
> We did this
> to make things right with God. He gives only two options once you are
> divorced (1 Cor 7:10.11), and living with antinomianism isn't one
> of them.
> However, before becoming a member of the OPC we were Arminian.
> I wholeheartedly disagree with your position in stating
> that Arminians
> are "God-haters" and are going to hell. When I was first "quickened" or
> receiving Christ by faith, I first attended Arminian churches.
> I know and
> believe in my heart--with all my heart, that I was a Christian,
> even then. I
> don't know how one can automatically start attending "reformed"
> denominations, or automatically attend the "right one";
> according to you,
> even if I had attended an OPC or PCA, which are considered reformed, I
> suppose I would have not been a Christian then, either??? I agree that
> joining hands with other denominations is wrong, but to say that
> Arminians
> are going to hell,is way too strong and judgemental on your part.
> Can you
> see everyone's heart? But just because a reformed denomination
> won't join
> with you in saying Arminians are going to hell, doesn't make
> them a false
> religion. You remind me of Roger Williams of Providence, Rhode Island.
> By the way, I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say
> about the
> subject of remarriage--do you allow remarriage while one's spouse
> is still
> living? And would you agree that getting divorced from a
> remarriage to make
> things right with God is right?
> Sincerely,
> JP

Your letter just adds to the evidence that the PRC is a false church. The fact that you are a member of the PRC and have not been excommunicated because of your unbelief and lack of repentance shows me once again that the PRC is part of the Great Whore.

So you do not believe that Arminians hate God. You believe that they love God and that they believe the true gospel. And the PRC welcomes you into its fold. There can be no stronger condemnation of the PRC than what you have written. The truth is that the gospel, which is the power of God unto salvation, reveals the righteousness of God (Romans 1:16-17). All who do not believe the gospel are unregenerate (Mark 16:16). All who are ignorant of the righteousness of God revealed in the gospel are unregenerate (Romans 10:3).

You think Arminians believe the gospel. Obviously, you do not know what it is to believe the gospel. The gospel is God's promise to save His people conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ alone. All who believe the gospel believe that it is Christ's work alone that makes the difference between salvation and damnation. What do Arminians believe? Arminians believe that Jesus Christ died for everyone without exception. Thus, they do not believe that it is the work of Christ alone that makes the difference between salvation and damnation; instead, they believe that it is the work of the sinner that makes the difference between salvation and damnation. This is the damnable false gospel of salvation conditioned on the sinner. And you believe that those who believe this damnable gospel are your brothers and sisters. They most certainly are your brothers and sisters, but they are not your brothers and sisters in Christ, as you think. They are your brothers and sisters in Satan. God says that those who speak peace to those who bring a false gospel are unregenerate (2 John 11). The Arminians are unregenerate, and so are you. Please see www.outsidethecamp.org/2John11.htm .

It is not a big surprise that you speak peace to Arminians, since you believe that you yourself were a regenerate person while believing in the false gospel of Arminianism. You believe that, for a time after regeneration, you believed that Jesus Christ died for everyone without exception. The truth is that there is now, has never been, and never will be a regenerate person who believes that Jesus Christ died for everyone without exception. The reason is that every regenerate person believes the GOSPEL. When God regenerates someone, He gives that person faith in Jesus Christ. Faith in Jesus Christ includes believing that it is the work of Christ alone that makes the difference between salvation and damnation. You think that you were a believer in the gospel while believing that Jesus Christ died for everyone without exception. Thus, you show that you have no clue as to what being a believer in the gospel is.

Not only do you not have a clue as to what being a believer in the gospel is, you show that you have never repented of dead works and idolatry. When God regenerates someone, He gives that person repentance. That person repents of his former self-righteous religion. He counts his former self-righteous religion as loss and dung (Philippians 3:7-8). He realizes that when he believed in salvation conditioned on the sinner, he was in open idolatry, bringing forth evil deeds and fruit unto death. This repentance has not happened in your life, JP. You still consider your time in Arminianism as a time in which you were a believer in the true gospel. You do not consider your former religion as idolatry. You do not believe that you were bringing forth evil deeds and fruit unto death. You are not ashamed of your former self-righteous religion. You do not look back on it and say it was loss and dung. You still cling to it. You still cling to your old religion: " I know and believe in my heart--with all my heart, that I was a Christian, even then. " Please see www.outsidethecamp.org/gosprep.htm .

This is so sad. You have been deluded by the lies of the Devil. And what does the PRC do? Obviously, you have not heard the preaching of the true gospel and of repentance at the PRC. You have gone from one false religion into another false religion. You have gone from being an unregenerate Arminian to being an unregenerate Calvinist. There are so many like you who are populating the pews in the "Calvinist" or "sovereign grace" churches all over the world, including in the PRC churches. They think they're right with God, but in reality, they are at enmity with Him. What a sad and awful place to be in.

I agree with the PRC's position on remarriage and divorce -- not because the PRC said it, but because the Bible says it. Yet you think that by your obedience, you have "made things right with God." You poor, deluded soul. Things are NOT right between you and God. You are at ENMITY with God. You are a GOD-HATER. That's right -- all your supposed "good works" and "obedience" have come from a wicked heart. They are a stench in the nostrils of God. Your "obedience" is an abomination to Him. You think you have peace with God, but your peace is a false refuge -- a refuge of lies. You do not believe in the God of the Bible. You do not believe the gospel. You are no better off than the Arminians. And the PRC is no more of a true church than an Arminian church is.

You say, "I agree that joining hands with other denominations is wrong ..." Why? If they do not hate God, then you are OBLIGATED to join hands with them, unless you are schismatic. If you believe the same gospel they do, then to not fellowship with them is to be divisive and unloving.

You ask, "Can you see everyone's heart?" No, I cannot see everyone's heart, but God tells me and every other believer that I shall KNOW them by their FRUITS (Matthew 7:16,20). Jesus Christ said, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh" (Luke 6:45). The FRUIT by which we know a person's heart is that which comes from his MOUTH. Christians CAN know people's hearts -- for of the abundance of the HEART the mouth SPEAKS. If one confesses a false gospel with his MOUTH, then Christians are 100% certain about that person's HEART. If a person confesses belief in universal atonement, Christians KNOW that this person has a wicked heart, because this person has just confessed belief in a false gospel of salvation conditioned on the sinner. You say that I am too judgmental. Yet Christians are COMMANDED to judge. There is no such thing as a non-judgmental Christian. Please see www.outsidethecamp.org/rightjudg.htm .

JP, God has providentially brought you our way in order to show you the truth. What we do not know yet is if He has brought you our way to show you the truth as part of His plan to save you or to further harden you in your sins. I would rejoice to see you come to know the truth and to truly repent of your evil religion. It has happened before when God has brought people to our web site, and I pray that it will happen again. Repent of your self-righteousness and believe the gospel of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ alone.

To God alone be the glory,

Marc D. Carpenter
www.outsidethecamp.org


Home

E-mails, Forums, and Letters